Vision and Mission Statement
Our vision is to be the leading professional association for business analysts in the Central Virginia Area.
Our mission is to provide value through fostering awareness of the issues related to business analysts and creating an environment where business analysts can come together, build relationships, learn from one another and collaborate with other business analysts as well as vendors, corporations and other organizations that support the practice.
Purpose and Objectives
- To promote the practice of business analysis in Central VA
- To keep our members informed and prepared for the evolving role of the business analyst
- To foster collaboration and relationship building business analysts and supporting organizations
- To represent the IIBA® within Central Virginia
- Advance the role of the Business Analyst as a recognized profession
- Support opportunities for members to network with, and gain knowledge from, seasoned BA practitioners as well as with industry and government leaders
- Provide pathways to learn about business analysis best practices and certification
- Obtain and maintain a sufficient level of financial security, sustainability and autonomy at the chapter level to sustain the chapter
- Create corporate support for the IIBA within the local market by generating marketing/awareness programs that demonstrate the value of business analysis and the IIBA
- Liaise with industry and association partners to increase awareness and benefit of IIBA Chapter members.
- Provide a recognized forum for the free exchange, discussion and examination of problems, solutions, applications, and ideas related to business analysis.
- Seek and foster regional cooperation with organizations and businesses, both public and private; provide a guiding influence which relates to business analysis and collaborate in matters of common interest and benefit.
- Partner with other IIBA Chapters in the region to expand the value provided to our members
- Pursue award-winning opportunities in order to increase the visibility of our chapter.
- Actively listen to the needs of our customers (members, sponsors, speakers, etc.) in order to ensure we are continuously improving.
Operating Values and Principles
- Treat People with Respect
- Engage with others with Integrity
- Shared Vision
- Be part of something bigger than yourself
- Create the future
- 4 hours per month of quality work for each IIBA Central VA Chapter Board role. Additional chapter duties will require additional hours per role
- Be accountable for own responsibilities
- Be realistic with expectations and opportunities
- Develop quality and sustainable delivery of value to our customers
- Foster active and efficient communication
- Serve the whole Central VA members of the BA community
- Participate in the Eastern US region
- Identify opportunities with implementable solutions within resourcing constraints
- Develop people and plan succession
- Be part of an active team which supports each other